February 26, 2012

Cream Cheese Stuffed Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

Earlier this week I got home from a walk and really wanted to sink my teeth into a gooey cinnamon roll.  (That would probably defeat the purpose of the walk, right?)  Later I remembered that I had some cream cheese left in the fridge that needed to be eaten or tossed.  And that's how this creation was born!  I'm usually not creative enough to come up with new recipes on my own (not that this really counts as a recipe), but these were really, really good!

Cream Cheese Stuffed Cinnamon Crescent Rolls

4 oz. cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
1/3 cup powdered sugar, plus a little more for the icing
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (I use reduced fat)
cooking spray
cinnamon
sugar
milk

Mix cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and vanilla until creamy.  Place mixture in a piping bag or put it in a plastic bag and cut the tip of one corner off so that you can pipe the mixture through the hole.

Separate crescent rolls and lay them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Lightly spray each roll with cooking spray and then sprinkle each with cinnamon and sugar.  Pipe a small amount of cream cheese mixture onto the wide end of each roll.  Roll up the crescent rolls, starting with the wide end.  Lightly spray the tops of the rolls with cooking spray again and sprinkle with some more cinnamon and sugar.  Bake according to package directions for the crescent rolls.

To make the icing, mix a little powdered sugar with some milk.  It only take just a splash of milk.  Start with a little and you can always add more.  Drizzle rolls with icing.

Note:  I prepared these at night, refrigerated them, and baked them in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. These sound scrumptious and for someone (you) who isn't even that big of a fan of cinnamon - I'm really impressed! You are quite the cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't love cinnamon all the time, but when it sounds good to me then I love it!

    ReplyDelete