February 22, 2012

Salsa Chicken

Ugh!  I forgot to take a picture!  No excuses today...just plain forgot!

I don't even remember where I got this recipe from.  I've been making it since I was in college.  It was one of the first recipes I started cooking for dinner after I moved out of the dorms and had to start preparing all my own meals.  It is simple, healthy and good!

Salsa Chicken

chicken tenders
salt
pepper
cumin
garlic powder
onion powder
chili powder
salsa
cheddar cheese, grated

Place chicken tenders in a baking dish.  Sprinkle with spices.  Pour salsa over chicken so that chicken is evenly covered.  Top with cheese.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.  Serve over rice.

Note: I didn't include any measurements because I never measure for this dish.  Just use enough chicken to feed your family and eyeball the other ingredients to your liking.  You could leave out the cheese if you want it to be really healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment