February 21, 2012

Crispy Potatoes

A few years ago my cousin, Jaclyn, put together a book of favorite family recipes.  I love looking through this book because it brings back memories of eating family meals in my Nanny's kitchen with everyone happily bickering with one another.  Those were some of my favorite times.  Sometime soon I'll have to post the all-time favorite Jarchow recipe for chalupa.  But for now, this is a recipe of Jaclyn's that I'd never had before.  I modified it just a tad.  It is a great side dish.  We had it this week with the pulled pork I posted yesterday.  Thanks, Jaclyn, for this recipe and the wonderful book!

Crispy Potatoes
Adapted from Jaclyn Meng

2 cans diced potatoes
4-5 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
cooking spray

Drain water from potatoes.  Sprinkle dressing mix over potatoes and stir until evenly coated.  Spray foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.  Spread potatoes out on foil.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then broil for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes start to get brown and crispy.

Note:  I've also made this with Italian dressing mix.  

No comments:

Post a Comment