February 1, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

It's really green, huh?!  I've seen multiple recipes on food blogs for green monster smoothies, but most of them have too many ingredients or make too many servings.  I finally found this recipe that was very simple and made just 1 serving (although it could also be 2 smaller servings), so I decided to give it a try and see if it really tasted good like everyone claimed.  I was a little skeptical about drinking a glass of spinach, but now I can say that it really is pretty good!  And knowing that it's good for you makes it taste even better!  I think next time I may try some different fruit and I may even leave out the peanut butter.  If you know about my deep, deep love for peanut butter this may be shocking, but since the spinach is already just the slightest bit bitter I don't think it needs the added saltiness of the peanut butter.  If you're skeptical like I was, please give this a try and let me know what you think!

Green Monster Smoothie
From Iowa Girl Eats

1 banana, peeled, sliced and frozen
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup milk
about 4 cups spinach

Add first 4 ingredients to blender.  Fill up the rest of the blender with spinach.  Liquefy!

Note: 
1. Peel and slice your banana before freezing, and wrap the banana in some wax paper or plastic wrap so that when it freezes it won't stick to the container.
2. You can also use juice (I prefer orange) instead of milk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment