February 20, 2012

Barbecue Pulled Pork

We had this twice this week and both times I forgot to take a picture.  I guess that's what happens when you have a hungry baby hanging on your leg while you try to fix dinner.

I've been making this recipe for 3-4 years.  I love how easy it is!  It is also very adaptable, freezes well and you make it in the slow cooker!  You can make more or less depending on the size of the pork tenderloin you buy.  You can use whatever soda and sauce you have on hand.  You may want some extra sauce to add if you like a lot of sauce.  I've never thought of it before, but next time I'll try adding some liquid smoke.

Barbecue Pulled Pork

1 pork tenderloin (plain, not marinated)
1-2 cans dark cola (root beer, Coke, Dr Pepper)
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Place pork in slow cooker.  Pour cola over pork.  Add enough water to cover pork.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Remove pork from liquid and shred with 2 forks.  Pour out all liquid and return shredded pork to slow cooker.  Add sauce and stir to combine.  Cook on low for 30 minutes to an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment