July 3, 2012

Roast Beef Sandwiches

In case it isn't obvious, I've fallen behind on posting lately.  This summer has been crazy busy!  I think when you have small children the summers are actually busier than the school year.  Last week we were on vacation.  My souvenir was a lovely stomach bug that kicked my tail for days.  Not exactly fuel for trying new recipes.  Anyhow, I'm feeling a thousand times better and back in the kitchen!  I hope to have a handful of new recipes for you this week.  Let's start off with a quick and easy but still terrifically tasty dinner!  These sandwiches remind me of a Philly cheese steak, but they're super easy!  Enjoy!

Roast Beef Sandwiches

1 lb. deli roast beef, sliced thin
6 slices provolone cheese
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 sandwich buns (we love the Hawaiian sweet rolls)

Sautee onion over medium heat until starting to turn golden brown.  Add some oil/butter/cooking spray as necessary to keep from burning and sticking.  Tear roast beef into small pieces and add to onion, stirring to combine.  Season as you like.  Sometimes I add garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.  Cook for a few minutes until heated through.

Split buns and place open sides up on a cookie sheet.  Pile beef and onions on bottom sides of the buns.  Top with cheese slices.  Broil until cheese is melted and buns are toasted.  Place bun tops on sandwich and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment