July 16, 2012

Sausage Balls

This really isn't an exciting post, but I wanted to blog this recipe just so I'd have it on hand the next time I want to make these.  These are you standard sausage balls.  I made these for a shower this past weekend.  They're always a hit!  My tip - use your food processor to grate the cheese.  This will save time and arm muscles!

Sausage Balls

1 lb. hot sausage (I think Owens is spicier/better than Jimmy Dean.)
1 lb. extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups biscuit mix

Mix all ingredients.  If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer, use the dough hook and mix as much as you can.  Then use your hands to mix until all the crumbs are mixed in.  Roll into balls and place on a baking rack on a rimmed cookie sheet.  (You can just place them on the cookie sheet, but using a baking rack allows all the grease to drip down underneath the balls.)  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment