July 22, 2012

Sprite Biscuits

These have been making their way around Pinterest, although known as 7Up Biscuits instead.  I had Sprite on hand so I used that instead.  I love how easy these are!  They're not too salty or too sweet and very fluffy.  The butter also makes the bottoms nice and crispy.  We will definitely be having these again at our house!

Sprite Biscuits

2 cups biscuit mix (such as Bisquick)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
1/2 cup Sprite or 7Up
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 450.  Place butter in the bottom of a square pan and put it in the oven for the butter to melt while you mix the dough.

Cut the sour cream into the biscuit mix.  Then add the Sprite and stir until well combined.  At this point you can either pat out the dough on a floured surface and cut out biscuits, or you can take the shortcut like I did and just divide out 9 lumps of dough.  Place the biscuits on top of the butter.  Bake for 12-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment