April 11, 2012

Sweet-and-Spicy Meatloves

I feel like I have hardly had a chance to breathe lately, let alone post any recipes.  But the end of tax season will be here in less than a week, so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

We've eaten out more than we usually do since I've been so busy, but I do have a few recipes I need to catch up on.  I tried to take a pic of this one, but my camera battery died literally as I was trying to push the button to get the first shot.  Oh well...

This recipe was really good!  Aaron's never been a meatloaf lover, but I think I converted him with these.  Ezra, who quite often curls up his lips and sticks out his tongue when offered meat, actually loved this when we had it for leftovers.  We'll add this to the dinner rotation for sure!

Sweet-and-Spicy Meatloaves
Adapted from Food Network Magazine

2 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, torn into pieces
1/2 small onion, quartered
1 medium carrot, quartered (I used some canned carrot)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup peach preserves/jam/jelly

Pulse the bread in a food processor until finely ground.  Add the onion and carrot to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.  Add the meat, egg and curry powder and pulse until just combined.  Set aside.


In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup and peach preserves.

Shape the meat mixture into 4 small loaves.  Place on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Spoon some of the sauce over the loaves.  (Don't cross-contaminate the sauce and save the extra for adding later if you want more on your meatloaf.)  Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment