April 26, 2012

Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce

Hello!  I have hardly cooked for the past 2 weeks, but I'm back with an easy recipe and a picture!  I have a big stack of pages that I've ripped from my cooking magazines over the years with recipes to try.  If I'm honest, I'll probably never get around to a lot of them, even after I sort through them and throw out ones I know I'll never really make.  But I'm trying to actually make some of them, and this one, although I modified it a decent bit, was really tasty!  Aaron liked it as well, so we will definitely have it again.  The original recipe didn't include the noodles, but I thought it needed a little something to beef it up (or should I say chicken it up?), so I made more sauce and added the noodles.

Chicken in Creamy Pan Sauce
Adapted from Kraft Foods

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used the thin sliced ones)
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
6 oz. Philadelphia Cooking Creme (I used the Italian Cheese & Herb flavor, but any would work)
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 lb. egg noodles (I don't know how much I used because I just used what I had in the pantry; this is a guess)

Pour the oil in a skillet and heat to medium-high.  Place the flour on a plate.  Dip each side of each chicken breast in the flour; shake off excess.  Place chicken breasts in the skillet.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook a few minutes on each side until starting to brown and cooked all the way through.  Remove chicken from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.

Pour chicken broth in skillet.  Stir to scrape up browned bits from the chicken.  Cook over medium-high for 1-2 minutes.  Add cooking creme and stir until sauce is smooth.  Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce starts to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.

While sauce is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.

Once sauce begins to thicken, add noodles, tomatoes and chicken to pan.  Stir until all is coated.  Serve chicken over noodles and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment