March 29, 2012

Last-Minute Tropical Sherbet

Lately I've preferred my fruit to be blended.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe because it's faster to chug a smoothie than eat that much fruit.  Or maybe because it's just more interesting than a banana or a pile of grapes.  Anyway, this sherbet was pretty tasty!  My only complaints were that it was almost too cold and that I didn't let it run in the food processor quite long enough.  I recommend that you just walk away from the food processor and let it go for a few minutes.  It will be better if it's totally smooth.  Also, I didn't make the full recipe.  I just eye-balled it and made enough for Ezra and I to have as an afternoon snack.  And I used the yogurt I had on hand.  And I threw in a splash of lime juice.  Ok, enough rambling!  Here's the original recipe.

Last-Minute Tropical Sherbet
From Cooking Light

1 12-oz. package frozen mango chunks
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 6-oz. carton lemon low-fat yogurt
1 teaspoon grated lime rind.

Remove mango and pineapple from freezer, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.  Combine mango, pineapple, yogurt, and rind in a food processor; process until smooth.  Serve immediately (for soft-serve texture), or freeze in an airtight container 1 hour and 30 minutes (for firmer texture).  Don't freeze overnight or the mixture will become icy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment