May 3, 2012

Hello Dolly Bars

These are the Hello Dolly bars I made to take to MOPS tomorrow.  What?  A piece is missing?  Well, I had to taste test to be sure no stealth murderer slipped into the kitchen and poisoned them while my back was turned.  This was a completely selfless gesture.  I sacrificed and didn't enjoy it at all.  Like letting a bee sting you so he'll look tough in front of his bee friends.  (Raise your hand if you know the TV reference here!)

Anyway, back to the ooey gooey subject at hand.  I don't know why these are called Hello Dolly bars.  (I've also heard them called 7 layer bars.)  But I do know that this picture doesn't let you see all of the good layers hiding underneath the coconut.  They are delicious and so easy!  I highly recommend that you make these and be sure you sample several bites - all for the sake of the safety of the ones you love!

Hello Dolly Bars

1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut

Heat oven to 350.  In a 9x13" pan melt the butter in the oven.  Be sure entire bottom surface of pan is coated in butter.  Spread crumbs evenly over butter.  Sprinkle chips and nuts over crumb layer.  Drizzle milk over all.  Sprinkle coconut evenly over the top.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment