January 9, 2013

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Is it any surprise that I would try this recipe?  No.  And is it any surprise that the next time I make these I will definitely be adding more peanut butter?  No.  What is surprising is that there is still dough left in my refrigerator to bake later and that I haven't eaten it all yet.  (I only made half a batch!)

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
From The Girl Who Ate Everything

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (I would add more, maybe cut back a smidge on the butter)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips     

In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.  Slowly add flour mixture and mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips. 

Roll cookie dough into balls.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment