September 5, 2012

Orange Soda Ice Cream

I've been away for a while!  Life has just been crazy, but I'm hoping it will slow down again soon.  Funny how I used to wish time away and now I wish it would just slow down!

Anyway, this is about the easiest ice cream recipe you can think of.  Our church had an ice cream social last month with a contest for the best homemade ice cream.  This was the winning recipe!  I want to try it sometime with Coke or root beer to see if it tastes like a float.

Orange Soda Ice Cream

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 2-liter of orange soda (I only used about half of it)

Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a bowl.  Add a little orange soda and stir.  Pour this mixture into your ice cream freezer and then fill the rest of the way with more orange soda.  Freeze according to your freezer's directions.  Place in freezer for a few hours to firm up.

Note: Next time I'll try adding a few teaspoons of vanilla extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment