August 8, 2012

Frappuccino

Welcome to Cafe Lindsay!  I will be your barista today!  I will save you lots of time, gas and money by teaching you how to make your very own Frappuccinos from home.  Sit back and enjoy!

This recipe was a Pinterest find.  I adapted it slightly for my own tastes.  The original recipe is supposed to be like the bottled Frappuccinos, but I blended mine with ice to make it more like what you'd get at the coffee shop.  This makes a coffee base that you can keep in your fridge and enjoy over a few days or serve to all your friends.  You could drink just the base without adding the ice  I put chocolate syrup in mine, but you could also use caramel or chocolate chips...go crazy!

Frappuccino
Adapted from Christina Flis

10 cups fresh coffee
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used a bit less)
1/2 cup white sugar (I used a bit less)
1/2 cup flavored coffee creamer (I used Wal-Mart's creme brulee flavor)
ice
flavored syrup or other mix-ins (I used chocolate syrup)

Brew coffee to your liking.  While coffee is brewing, pour sugars into a pitcher.  Pour hot coffee over sugars and stir to dissolve.  Add creamer and stir.  Refrigerate overnight.

Fill your glass with ice.  Pour syrup over ice to taste.  Fill glass with coffee base.  Pour all into a blender.  Blend until ice is completely crushed.  (You can adjust the coffee/ice ratio to your taste.)

No comments:

Post a Comment